In order to use Google Apps and Google's Webmaster Tools you must first verify that you own the custom domain you are trying to use. If you have already followed our article for Setting up your Custom Domain, then you can follow these easy steps to verify your domain with Google.
1. Go to Google's Webmasters Page and log in with your Google Account.
2. Click on the 'Add A Site' Button.
3. Enter your Custom Domain Name.
4. You will now be asked to verify ownership of the domain. Click on the 'Alternate Methods' tab.
5. Select 'HTML Tag'.
This will give you a long meta tag output.
6. Select the information within the quotation marks after 'content='
7. Go to the Settings Page within your Virb Admin. Paste the character string into the Google Apps prompt.
8. Go back to the Google Webmasters Page and click on Verify
That's it! You should get a notification that the verification was successful.
As an optional step, you can submit a sitemap of your Virb site to Google Webmaster Tools.
Can't find your answer in these articles? Don't fret. We're here to help.Contact Virb Support
You can also ask a question in our community discussion to get answers from other Virb customers.